Crete & Mainland Greece Tour
Join the Crete tour only or continue on to Mainland Greece Tour.
Crete, Greece’s largest island, is known for its varied terrain, which ranges from fine-sand beaches at Elafonisi to the White Mountains. Mt. Ida, the tallest of the range, is home to the Ideon Cave, which was the birthplace of Zeus, according to Greek mythology. The capital, Heraklion, is home to the renowned Heraklion Archaeological Museum, housing Minoan artifacts, and Knossos, a Bronze Age settlement.
The Mainland Greece tour will visit the cities of Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki and Athens, experiencing the most significant archeological sites from Ancient Greek civilization. Embark on an excursion to the majestic Temple of Poseidon.
Immerse yourself in the history of the Ancient Greek Civilization and the blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
- Explore the fantastic ruins of the palace complex in the ancient capital city of Knossos.
- Visit the village of Fodele, the birthplace of El Greco, the famous painter, known for traditional textiles and handicrafts.
- Visit the Acropolis, Ancient Agora, The Parthenon, the most important sites of ancient Greek civilization.
- Explore the Archeological Museum of Delphi, Temples of Zeus, Erecthion and Athena NIke.
- The Meteora is one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries.
The Acropolis of Athens, Greece