Odisha Tour – Tribal Regions of India Tour
Villages, Culture and Crafts of Tribal Odisha
Tour the State of Odisha (Orissa) in the far western region of India.
Odisha has the third highest concentration of indigenous tribes in India. Because of the remoteness of their villages, the tribes are untouched by modern times.
Though economically challenged with a low rate of literacy, Orissa’s tribal groups have highly developed artistic skills as seen in their body paintings, ornaments, weaving and wall paintings. Music and dance also are an integral part of their ceremonies and seasonal festivals.
A few years ago the Indian Government restricted foreign travelers from entering certain tribal villages that our tour has visited in past years. Recently they have reversed their regulation and we are now able to visit these villages. One can never predict if, at a later stage, the ban will be re-imposed.
Odisha is a blend of art, architecture and ancient tribal cultures.
ODISHA (ORISSA) TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Explore the tropical state of Odisha as you venture into remote tribal villages.
- Enjoy the delights of authentic village life including bustling local markets.
- Visit the stunning seaside ruins of the Sun Temple.
- For the adventurous traveler who thrives “off-the-beaten-path” and is comfortable with a few rustic accommodations.
- Adivasi Mela Fair in January.
- Konark Dance Festival and International Sand Art Festival in November.
Bonda woman, Jeypore, Odisha Tour