Ancient Tribes of the Hidden Northwest:
Travel to Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
Our Nagaland tour includes the tribal states of Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
Bordering Bhutan, China and Burma, the states of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh are some of the most remote in India. Mon Village in Nagaland and the state of Arunachal Pradesh have been closed to visitors until about 15 years ago.
Hence, their lush landscape and native cultures have remained virtually untouched allowing their peaceful existence to now be enjoyed by small groups of adventurous travelers.
There are approximately 76 different tribes in this region and 80% of the land is still forested so there is a great deal of the natural beauty of India.
Additionally, on the Nagaland, Arunachal, Assam tour you will experience its’ rich and diverse culture. The communities live close to nature, nurtured by ancient tribal knowledge systems.
Enjoy the beauty of Assam including Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary, Majuli Island and Guwahati. Famous for its population of the Great One-Horned Rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tigers are also present in sizable numbers in this Tiger Reserve.
The tribal folk culture experienced during this guided tour include the Mishi, Deori, Apantani, Monpa and the polyandrous Adi ethnic groups.
The beautiful hand loom textile work of these tribes is coveted and not to be missed.
Your experience of this remote region of India with an Original World / Spirit of India small group tour will truly be extraordinary!
- Explore secluded ancient tribal villages with our knowledgable guide
- Attend Sekrenyi Festival in February and Hornbill Festival in December in Nagaland
- Embark on two safaris through the pristine natural beauty of UNESCO Heritage Kaziranga National Park
- Engage with numerous diverse ethnic villages including Majuli Island, the world’s largest river island
- This trip is a once-in-a-lifetime experience ideal for adventurous travelers who are comfortable with long scenic drives and rustic accommodations
Apatani woman with circular nose plugs and tattoos