Art, Architecture, Culture and Traditions of North India
Our North India tour offers a wonderfully diverse mix of North India highlights include art, architecture, history, politics, spiritual practice and cultural traditions all of which are tightly woven together like seamless tapestry. To learn about one is to understand and appreciate the other.
This cultural highlights tour offers a diverse exploration of North India including the famous and fabulous Taj Mahal, the ancient holy city Varanasi, Khajuraho and Rajasthan.
This is a fantastic first-timers introduction to India!
In Varanasi, one of the world’s most ancient living cities, we participate in traditional rituals alongside the locals. Then visit, Ranakpur Jain Temples surrounded by tangled forests with monkeys abounding in the courtyard. Ranakpur is one of five important pilgrim centers for the Jain community.
In Pushkar, a pilgrimage city for thousands of years with over 500 temples and 52 ghats; and the only temple in the world dedicated to Lord Brahma, the creator, Pushkar radiates an ambience of peace and spirituality and still maintains an authentic small town ambiance.
In Jaipur, visit the Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds), Jaipur’s most-photographed building, a honeycomb palace with 953-latticed windows overlooking the bazaar.
Enjoy Rajasthani music and dances and delicious traditional meals on our small group North India tour. The dances are varied and demonstrate the tradition and culture of Rajasthani folklore.
EXTENSION: Join the optional tour extension to explore Ellora & Ajanta caves with their magnificent murals and sculptures
NORTH INDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- See historic art and architectural treasures
- Experience the stunning Rajasthan Palaces
- Enjoy sunset and sunrise visits to the Taj Mahal
- Attend a traditional ceremony in the ancient city of Varanasi, a Hindu pilgrimage site
- Relax in luxe palace hotels and heritage properties
- November Tour with Divali (festival of Lights) in Varanasi and Pushkar Camel fair
- Boat ride on River Ganges Varanasi and on Lake Pichola Udaipur
The Beautiful City Palace of Udaipur