North India Tour – Rajasthan and the Pushkar Camel Fair Tour
The Pushkar Camel Fair, with all its color and excitement, is a magnificent immersion into the lifestyle of the nomadic tribal herders, farmers and villagers from all over Rajasthan.
We will have opportunities for authentic interaction as the tribesmen decorate, parade and race their camels, hoping for the best price. The fair is also a spiritual time when Hindu pilgrims pay homage at the temple dedicated to Lord Brahma and bathe in the holy Pushkar Lake under the full moon.
On this tour we explore Rajasthan in-depth, visiting magical desert cities like Jodhpur and Jaislemer, two tribal villages, and one of the most colorful Indian festivals.
- Experience the “real” Pushkar Camel Fair, before the staged tourist event
- Connect with tribal peoples in Pushkar and Nimaj
- Explore the exotic cities of Rajasthan
- Venture off the usual tourist path to enchanting Narlai, a former royal hunting retreat
- Visit the exquisite Ranakpur Jain Temples and the magnificent Taj Mahal
- Embark on a safari at Godwad Leopard Camp
Sunset camel ride in Thar Desert outside Jaisalmer