North India Tour:
Rajasthan Tour with the Pushkar Camel Fair
Join our in-depth Rajasthan tour and attend the Pushkar Camel fair. Travel through exotic, colorful Rajasthan, the land of the maharajas! We shall visit India’s majestic palaces and forts of ancient times. Enjoy magnificent art, crafts and architecture. Experience the golden desert, the towns of Shekawati dubbed “the open-air art gallery of Rajasthan,” picturesque Udaipur by the lake, the pink city of Jaipur, and the exquisite white marble Taj Mahal.
The Pushkar Camel Fair, with all its color and excitement, is a magnificent immersion into the lifestyle of the nomadic tribal herders, farmers and villagers from all over Rajasthan.
We will have opportunities for authentic interaction as the tribesmen decorate, parade and race their camels, hoping for the best price. The fair is also a spiritual time when Hindu pilgrims pay homage at the temple dedicated to Lord Brahma.
On this tour we explore Rajasthan in-depth, visiting magical desert cities like Jodhpur and Jaislemer, two tribal villages and one of the most colorful Indian festivals.
Embark on a thrilling safari at a deluxe leopard camp.
- Experience the “real” Pushkar Camel Fair, before the staged tourist event
- Connect with tribal peoples in Pushkar and Nimaj
- Explore the exotic cities of Rajasthan
- Venture off the usual tourist path to enchanting Narlai, a former royal hunting retreat
- Visit the exquisite Ranakpur Jain Temples and the magnificent Taj Mahal
- Embark on a safari at Godwad Leopard Camp
Camel ride during the sunset in Thar Desert, India