South India Tour – Travel to South India
- Enjoy the cultural highlights of South India with the opportunity to join us for an additional week of in-depth exploration on Feb tour
- Witness the exotic puja at Madurai’s Meenakshi Amman Temple, complete with musicians and temple elephants
- Enter the inner sanctum of certain Hindu temples to participate in spiritual rituals with the locals
- Explore little known Chettinad villages with their old mansions, traditional crafts and unique cusine
- Cruise the languid Kerala backwaters in a houseboat for a glimpse of a different lifestyle
Explore the magnificent architecture and intriguing history of South India as you enjoy the peaceful ambiance of its abundant natural beauty. On this guided small group tour of India, we visit the most significant ancient ruins and living Hindu sacred sites.
Tour members have the opportunity to personally connect with local craftsmen and villagers. There will be ample time to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the local ecology as we visit a wildlife sanctuary and spend the night on a houseboat in the tranquil Kerala backwaters.
South India In-Depth
For those who desire the consummate South India tour, join us for an additional eight days as we complete our route from Mysore to Hyderabad, including the fabulous ruins of Hampi and venturing into less-touristed areas which contain remarkable ruins and well preserved mosques, forts, palaces and temples.
Photo of the resident elephant at Brihadisvara Temple in Tanjore, often used during Pujas