South India Tour – Travel to South India
Embark on a South India tour. Explore the magnificent architecture and intriguing history of South India. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance of its abundant natural beauty.
The first 16 days we call the highlights tour. On this guided small group tour of South India, we visit the most significant ancient ruins and living Hindu sacred sites.
Tour members have the opportunity to personally connect with local craftsmen and villagers.
In addition, there will be ample time to soak up the atmosphere! Enjoy the local ecology as we visit a wildlife sanctuary as well as spend the night on a houseboat in the tranquil Kerala backwaters.
South India In-Depth
For those who desire the consummate South India tour, join us for an additional eight days as we complete our route from Mysore to Hyderabad, including the fabulous ruins of Hampi. Venture into less-touristed areas which contain remarkable ruins and well preserved mosques, forts, palaces and temples.
Enjoy the cultural highlights of South India! Embark, Explore and Discover!
- Witness the exotic puja at Madurai’s Meenakshi Amman Temple, complete with musicians and temple elephants
- Enter the inner sanctum of certain Hindu temples to participate in spiritual rituals with the locals
- Explore little known Chettinad villages with their old mansions, traditional crafts and unique cuisine
- Cruise the Kerala backwaters in a houseboat for a glimpse of a different lifestyle
- In-Depth tour visits Tamil Nadu
Resident elephant Brihadisvara Temple in Tanjore