The Soul of Sri Lanka Tour
Embark on a comprehensive Sri Lanka tour of diverse sites and activities.
Journey through history from delightful Colombo to Anuradhapura, the first capital of Sri Lanka from the 3rd century BC.
Visit the enchanting medieval capital of Polonnaruwa. In addition, visit Sigirya, a 5th century palatial complex of caved temples and Asia’s oldest surviving landscaped gardens.
Kandy, UNESCO Heritage City
Explore this fascinating city rich in cultural heritage, arts and crafts, music and dance. Enjoy the beauty of Kandy’s historic architecture, including ancient religious monuments still in use.
During our tour of Kandy, visit museums and art galleries. Highlights include revered sites such as the Sri Maha Boddhi, the oldest historically documented tree in the world, dating back over 2000 years.
Attend the traditional puja ceremony at Dalada Maligawa Temple, where the Tooth Relic of the Buddha is displayed. Enjoy demonstrations at the Kandyan Dance Foundation.
Hill Country + Wildlife Safari
Our tour continues to the hill country of Nuwara Eliya and then travels into rural villages Ella, Wellawaya and Yala.
Embark on a safari at Ruhunu National Park, a section of Yala National Park. Its’ open undulating terrain has been known for elephants for many years. However, recently the park has received much publicity from National Geographic and the Discovery TV channel for its’ focus on a leopard research/conservation and identification project. Claims have subsequently been made that Yala National Park has the world’s highest concentration of leopard per square kilometer.
Culminate your tour of Sri Lanka at the southern tip of Sri Lanka, in the historic town of Galle. This World Heritage fortified township was an essential port of call for Chinese, Persian, Arab and Indian traders. Javanese and Sumatrans came later followed by Marco Polo in 1299 AD.
Traditional Ancient Festival
Attend the traditional festival Kelaniya Duruthu Maha Perahara (festival) in January-February. This is an exciting grand procession with dancers, fire performers and over 60 decorated elephants.
SRI LANKA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Attend an ancient traditional Perahara (festival) with the locals. January-February tour only
- Visit the Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka: Anuradhpura, Polonnaruwa, Sigirya and Dambulla
- Explore the World Heritage City of Kandy and see traditional Kandyan dance performances
- Attend puja at the Dalada Maligawa where the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha is preserved
- Exclusive invitations to meet with respected artistic professionals
- Exclusive invitations to visit and lunch at the country home of the renowned Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa
- Private experience to wash elephants with their mahouts
Full moon poya parade in Colombo