Sri Lanka: A Guided Small Group Tour
Soul of Sri Lanka tour
SRI LANKA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Attend an ancient traditional Perahara (festival) with the locals. This is an exciting grand procession with dancers, fire performers and over 60 decorated elephants – January-February tour only
- Visit the Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka: Anuradhpura, Polonnaruwa, Sigirya and Dambulla
- Explore the World Heritage City of Kandy and see traditional Kandyan dance performances
- Attend puja at the Dalada Maligawa where the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha is preserved
- Exclusive invitations to meet with respected artistic professionals
- Exclusive invitations to visit and lunch at the country home of the renowned Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa
- Private experience to wash elephants with their mahouts
Travel with Original World on a Sri Lanka tour and spend your holiday journeying through history from delightful Colombo, with its contemporary cafes and art galleries, to Anuradhapura, the first capital of Sri Lanka from the 3rd century BC. Our small group tour visits the enchanting medieval capital of Polonnaruwa, Sigirya, a 5th century palatial complex of caved temples, bathing pools, lovely ponds and Asia’s oldest surviving landscaped gardens.
En-route to Kandy we tour a private spice garden. During our Kandy tour, we visit museums and art galleries and revered sites such as the Sri Maha Boddhi, the oldest historically documented tree in the world, dating back over 2000 years. We attend the traditional puja ceremony at Dalada Maligawa Temple, where the Tooth Relic of the Buddha is displayed. We also visit the Kandyan Dance Foundation.
Kandy, a World Heritage City which is surrounded by mountains, green velvet tea plantations and the Mahaweli River, is a fascinating city rich in cultural heritage, arts and crafts, music, and dance. Enjoy the beauty of Kandy’s historic architecture, including ancient religious monuments still in use.
Our tour continues to the hill country of Nuwara Eliya and then travels into rural villages Ella, Wellawaya and Yala. The tour culminates at the southern tip of Sri Lanka, the historic town of Galle.
Full moon poya parade in Colombo