Textiles, Crafts and Festivals of Tribal Gujarat Tour
Tribes in India Tour
Our Gujarat tour visits tribal villages of the state of Gujarat, located in the far western region of India.
Gujarat villages are rich with detailed textiles still produced by traditional methods. The interaction of peoples: invaders, indigenous tribes, traders and explorers – has led to the creation of designs legendary for their vitality, color and intricacy.
Experience a diversity of tribal groups in the villages of Gujarat on this tour.
Meet and interact with textile families and observe their traditional techniques and way of life. The November tour will include two tribal festivals.
Enjoy and appreciate the amazing textiles!
Hotels are nice, the drives are not long and the travel is relatively easy.
This is truly a slice-of-life experience. Anyone interested in indigenous culture, textiles and crafts and immersion into traditional village life will appreciate this authentic experience in Gujarat.
TRIBAL GUJARAT TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Visit tribal settlements to see traditional weaving and block printing techniques
- View exquisite tribal embroidery
- Meet the Salvi family, master weavers of colorful Potala silk and the ancient art of double ikat
- Explore Bhuj, an old walled city featuring intricately carved palaces and brightly decorative Hindu temples
- Enjoy Traditional Festivals in remote villages-Fall tour only
Banni woman embroidering in her village near Bhuj