Ancient Tribes of India Small Group Guided Tour
Ancient Tribes of the Hidden Northeast: Travel to Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam
- Explore secluded ancient tribal villages with our knowledgable guide
- Attend Sekrenyi Festival in February and Hornbill Festival in December in Nagaland
- View diverse wildlife in its natural habitat
- Enjoy lush tropical forests, waterfalls, and the exotic beauty of tropical birds and flowers
- This trip is a once-in-a-lifetime experience ideal for adventurous travelers who are comfortable with long scenic drives and rustic accommodations
Bordering Bhutan, China and Burma, these regions are some of the most remote in India. Mon Village in Nagaland and the state of Arunachal Pradesh have been closed to visitors until very recently. Hence, their lush landscape and native cultures have remained virtually untouched allowing their peaceful existence to now be enjoyed by small groups of adventurous travelers. There are approximately 76 different tribes in this region and 80% of the land is still forested so there is a great deal of the natural beauty of India and its rich and diverse culture to experience on this guided trip. The communities live close to nature, nurtured by ancient tribal knowledge systems.
The tribal folk culture experienced during this guided tour include the Mishi, Deori, Apantani, Monpa and many other tribes, including the polyandrous Adi tribe. The beautiful hand loom textile work of these tribes is coveted and not to be missed.
Your experience of this remote region of India with an Original World / Spirit of India small group tour will truly be extraordinary!
Apatani woman with circular nose plugs and tattoos